Staying apart, celebrating together:
The South Carolina Watermedia Society will be celebrating our nation’s independence with a plein air paint out. The goal of this event is to encourage you to get outside and get painting! Join our Facebook Event “SCWS Paint Out: Fun For the Fourth” to connect with other participating artists.
- Begin your painting the week prior to July 4th (June 27 – July 3)
- Take a photo of your painting in progress with your scene in the background, selfies optional
- Once your painting is completed, take a close up of the final piece
- On July 4th, post your two images to the Facebook Event page and Instagram too. Include artist name and work location (city, state), title, and size in your post. For example, Artist: John Smith, New York, NY, “Examples,” 10×10
- Use hashtags #SCWS #SCWSPaintOut and #Funforthefourth so we can see and share your work
- Don’t have Facebook? Email us your images with the subject line SCWS JULY 4th at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share them for you
There is no need to pre-register for this event. It is free to all artists of all media interested in celebrating the unity of our nation in spite of the separation covid-19 has created. Please invite your friends—professionals, amateurs, and novices alike—to spread national and artistic pride.
On July 5th at 10AM a People’s Choice Award will be announced based on the total number of likes each artist’s post received. To increase your “likes” be sure you share and spread the word about this SCWS event and your work. Only submissions posted to and liked on the Facebook Event page will be considered. The votes will be counted at 9PM EST on July 4.
Artist: Russell Jewell
Location: San Angelo, TX
#SCWS #SCWSPaintOut #Funforthefourth