2018 Spring Digital Member Show and Inaugural Student Show
Entry is open February 25 – April 27.
$25 for members / $5 for students (ages 13-17)
The South Carolina Watermedia Society (SCWS) calls for entry into its Spring Members Digital Show and Inaugural Student Digital Show.
The competition is open to any member who dues are current. Dues run from January 1 to December 30. Membership is open to adults 18 or older. Click here if you need to pay your membership dues.
The Student show is open to any students ages 13-17. Please share with any students.
All work submitted must be the sole work of the entering artists. All water soluble media, except water soluble oils. Where collage is used, it should be less than 50 percent of the image. Images painted from published sources or completed under instruction in a class or workshop are not acceptable. Work should have been created no earlier than 2015.
Awards winners will be notified via email.
Awards will be given in both the member and student show.
The top three paintings in each show will receive an award.
You can see details at Callforentry.org
Everyone who enters will be displayed digitally on the website scwatermedia.com for one year.
- We will be using CaFE’ (Call For Entry), a website designed for art events, in order to streamline our processes and to be able to provide entrants and jurors with a positive experience.
Applying to the Call for Entry
- Detailed instructions are available for preparing and uploading your images, and is a three-stage process. ALL steps must be completed to submit.
- To register (create a profile) and apply go to: callforentry.org and click on “How to Apply”.
- Create a Portfolio -Upload work samples, they’ll be available for you to include in your applications. Note: Only JPEGs up to 5MB with a minimum of 1920 pixels on the longest side
- Apply to Calls-A link to a list of calls is available. Please search for SC Watermedia Society National Digital Show.
- Select SCWS and follow the process.
- The entry fee is $25.
- Student entry fee is $5.
Image Requirements for all images in CaFE
- File format: JPEG only
- File dimensions: No smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side
- File resolution: 72 ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
- File size: 5 MB maximum
If you have questions please contact SCWS Executive Director Katie Koon at email@example.com or call 843-779-7009.